What is the opposite of neglected?
Princeton’s WordNet. disregard, neglect(noun) lack of attention and due care. Antonyms: take to heart, attend to.
Is neglect a crime?
In some states, neglect is a separate crime to abuse, though in most other states it’s considered part of child abuse. … Many states have exemptions for religion – if a parent fails to provide medical care to his or her child because of their religious belief, then they will not be found guilty of neglect.
How do you use neglected in a sentence?
Neglected sentence example
- Educational interests were almost entirely neglected during the colonial and territorial periods. …
- Carmen was sure that Josh had neglected to change his will. …
- All is neglected and foul. …
- Then again, she had neglected Ed when she took him up a dangerous trail in bad weather.
What are examples of neglect?
Children and young people who are neglected might have:
- poor appearance and hygiene. being smelly or dirty. being hungry or not given money for food. …
- health and development problems. anaemia. …
- housing and family issues. living in an unsuitable home environment, such as having no heating. …
- change in behaviour. becoming clingy.
What does neglect mean in a relationship?
In a relationship or marriage emotional neglect is when a partner consistently fails to notice, attend to, and respond in a timely manner to a partner or spouse’s feelings. In both instances, it has far-reaching negative consequences for the relationship. As humans, we are relational beings.
What is acquire?
To acquire means to get or come to own something. You acquire an education by your own effort. You acquire a painting by paying for it, or when someone gives it you. You acquire a sense of calm in crisis through experience. The list of things you can acquire includes: an object, a trait, a skill, or an ability.
Is eagerness a feeling?
Eagerness is defined as a feeling of excitement to do something. An example of eagerness is when you can’t wait to open your presents on Christmas morning. The state or quality of being eager; ardent desire.
What does contemplating mean?
1 : to view or consider with continued attention : meditate on contemplate the vastness of the universe contemplated the meaning of the poem. 2 : to view as likely or probable or as an end or intention contemplate marriage contemplated a move to Alaska.
What does fervor mean?
intensity of feeling