- What is speaking architecture?
- What is utilitarian architecture?
- What do you say in an architecture presentation?
- How do you introduce an architecture project?
- How do you make an architectural presentation board?
- What do you put on a presentation board?
- What is a presentation board interior design?
- How do you organize architectural drawings?
- What do architectural drawings include?
- How do you store building plans?
- How do you keep your drawings from fading?
- How can I protect my pencil drawings?
- What can I use instead of fixative?
- How can I protect my drawings?
- Can you use hairspray to seal pencil drawings?
- Can I use hairspray to seal watercolor?
- Does Hairspray set pencil?
- How do you keep pencil drawings from fading?
- Does colored pencil fade?
- Can you use fixative on colored pencils?
- How can I protect my pencils without fixative?
- Can I use hairspray as a fixative?
- How do you protect charcoal drawings without fixative?
- How do I make sure my pencil doesn't smudge?
- How do you prevent graphite from smudging?
What is speaking architecture?
Architecture parlante (“speaking architecture”) is architecture that explains its own function or identity. The phrase was originally associated with Claude Nicolas Ledoux, and was extended to other Paris-trained architects of the Revolutionary period, Étienne-Louis Boullée, and Jean-Jacques Lequeu.
What is utilitarian architecture?
Utilitarianism in architecture becomes functionalism, which stresses that the design for a building should be based on its purpose, a principle that many 21st century architectures follow. … Utilitarianism honours the functionality of the building and space rather than the grandeur of ornamental purpose.
What do you say in an architecture presentation?
Step 3. Create a Stunning Presentation
- Use a simple, plain background. Let your images and text pop. …
- Add some humor. When you tell a joke or show an image that makes people laugh, it helps your points to stick in people’s minds. …
- Avoid jargon, unless your audience are seasoned architects. …
- Keep it simple!
How do you introduce an architecture project?
Here are 5 tips for starting an architecture project that has helped me on my projects.
- Develop your own interpretation of the project brief. …
- Research and understand your project’s site context. …
- Figure out your constraints. …
- Research precedents and case studies. …
- Sketch, sketch and sketch! …
How do you make an architectural presentation board?
Architectural Presentation Board Design Tips
- Structure – Your presentation board should be designed with importance in mind. …
- Background – Use a plain background color, nothing fancy or patterned. …
- Font – Pick one font. …
- Text Copy – Any text on your board should be short and sweet.
What do you put on a presentation board?
Architectural Presentation Board Design Tips
- Perspective view that shows off the design best. …
- Concise statement that tells them about the features and benefits of your design. …
- Front, top, and side views of the Floor Plan.
- Include at least two elevation views.
- Hand drawings to demonstrate how the design came to be.
What is a presentation board interior design?
A presentation board is used by an interior designer to show their clients their ideas for whichever room they have been hired to redesign. They can also sometimes be referred to as mood boards, and they include many items.
How do you organize architectural drawings?
Most Architects organize their sheet index by starting with the “big picture” view, and then move closer and closer to fine detail. They’ll often start with a Cover Sheet (name of project, address, small reference map, name of developer, and contacts of all the designers and engineers).
What do architectural drawings include?
Standard views used in architectural drawing
- Floor plan.
- Site plan.
- Cross section.
- Isometric and axonometric projections.
- Detail drawings.
- Presentation drawings.
- Survey drawings.
How do you store building plans?
How to Choose Blueprint Storage Options
- There Are Three Main Storage Methods.
- Rolled Storage is the least expensive. The advantage is cost and convenience. …
- Plan Racks & Hanging Clamps – are the quickest and most convenient. …
- Flat File Cabinets – hold and protect the most.
How do you keep your drawings from fading?
Protect your charcoal, chalk, graphite, and pastel drawings by using a fixative spray. Fixative spray keeps surfaces from smudging, fading, and flaking after a work is complete. There are two basic types of fixative, regular and workable.
How can I protect my pencil drawings?
How to Protect Your Pencil Drawings From Smudging
- Use a Fixative. Fixatives do exactly that — they help “fix” your graphite to your paper. …
- Put Wax Paper Between Your Pages. Wax paper is useful outside of cooking and baking! …
- Frame Your Pencil Drawings. If we’re looking for a barrier, this is a top notch barrier. …
- Use Page Protectors.
What can I use instead of fixative?
To fix chalk pastels use a cheap hairspray instead of the expensive arty fixative. Go to the ‘pound shop’ (or dollar shop) to stock up. Also, use pastels to shade over acrylic paint – great for folds in fabric or shadows…
How can I protect my drawings?
The only way to fully protect and preserve your drawing is to frame it behind glass. Fixative can be used to build workable layers of pastel in the drawing process but not as a final coat. Pencil doesn’t need a fixative. Graphite will not fade.
Can you use hairspray to seal pencil drawings?
To preserve your little treasure’s artwork, a fine mist of hairspray over the child’s drawing will “fix” the medium. It works best for unstable mediums such as chalk, pencil, and pastels which can easily smudge.
Can I use hairspray to seal watercolor?
You surely CAN use hairspray to seal your watercolor, if you want to ruin your work. Hairspray is water-soluble, so that would not be the choice of sealers. … Which is harder, watercolor or oil painting?
Does Hairspray set pencil?
Hairspray does contain some of the materials of a Fixative but it only works for the short term, and ultimately damages the drawing – the hairspray yellows over time and ruins the drawing. Do not use hairspray. Use proper ventilation. Fixatives smells and is hazardous to your health.
How do you keep pencil drawings from fading?
How to Preserve Graphite Drawings
- Use a Workable Fixative like Krylon. …
- Once a drawing has been sprayed, the graphite underneath will NOT erase. …
- Use proper ventilation. …
- Shake the can before spraying and test on a scrap piece of paper away from your drawing. …
- Directions on the can say to spray 8 to 10 inches from drawing…….
Does colored pencil fade?
Do colored pencils fade over time? The short answer is that yes, some of them do. Some colors are notorious for fading. Pinks and purples, for example.
Can you use fixative on colored pencils?
Even a light coat of fixative or varnish will provide protection for your colored pencil drawing. Environmental dirt, dust, and other similar substances will come to rest on the varnish instead of on the drawing itself.
How can I protect my pencils without fixative?
If you are interested in storing your drawings without a fixative, you can place the picture between two pieces of glassine interleaving paper. Glassine interleaving paper is an acid-free translucent paper that is ideal for protecting and storing delicate artwork like graphite, charcoal, colored pencils, and pastels.
Can I use hairspray as a fixative?
Many artists who create drawings with friable or powdery media, such as chalk, pastel and charcoal, choose to use hairspray as an inexpensive alternative to commercially available art fixatives.
How do you protect charcoal drawings without fixative?
2. Substitute of Fixative. Also, when a fixative spray is not available, hairspray can also be used as a substitute.
How do I make sure my pencil doesn’t smudge?
So how does an artist avoid the smudging headache?
- Let your dominant hand lead. Simply put, if you are right-handed, start your drawing at the upper left corner and move your way down to the lower right corner. …
- Place a sheet of clean paper under your drawing hand. …
- Use a mahl stick. …
- Use a spray fixative.
How do you prevent graphite from smudging?
Give it a light spray of hairspray if you can’t find fixatives. Try using printer photo paper (shiny side down) or tracing paper as a barrier under your hand as you are drawing. The graphite does not stick to the slick surface. Have plenty of pencils on hand so that you can work as long as you feel the inspiration.