- Do u pronounce the L in Almond?
- What is the hardest shape to pronounce?
- How is Eunoia pronounce?
- Is Eunoia a real word?
- What is the longest word in the world?
- Which word takes 3 hours to say?
- What is the full name of titin?
- What is Kakorrhaphiophobia?
- What does Eellogofusciouhipoppokunurious mean?
- What does Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis mean?
- How does Nike pronounce Nike?
- How do you pronounce Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
- Is it pronounced FRAP or frappe?
- How do you spell gnocchi?
- How do you pronounce Floccinaucinihilipilification?
- What are the 5 longest words?
- What does Floccinaucinihilipilification mean?
- Is Floccinaucinihilipilification a real word?
- What is the meaning of Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
- What does Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious mean?
- What is the longest word for beautiful?
- What is a Ninnyhammer?
- What is the longest word in Mary Poppins?
- How many syllables are in supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?
- Who invented supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?
- Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious a word?
- Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious the longest word ever?
Do u pronounce the L in Almond?
A: The “l” in “almond” was silent until very recently. That’s the only pronunciation given in my old 1956 printing of the unabridged Webster’s New International Dictionary of the English Language (2d ed.). … More recent standard dictionaries say we can now properly pronounce “almond” either with or without the “l” sound.
What is the hardest shape to pronounce?
The 10 hardest English words to pronounce, according to Reddit
- Worcestershire. Pronunciation: Wuss-ter-sheer. This one is hotly debated. …
- Choir. Pronunciation: Kw-eye-er. …
- Squirrel. Pronunciation: Sk-whirl. …
- Isthmus. Pronunciation: Is-muss. …
- Sixth. Pronunciation: Siks. …
- Penguin. Pronunciation: Pen-gwen. …
- Otorhinolaryngologist. Pronunciation: Oto-rhino-laryng-ologist.
How is Eunoia pronounce?
Dr Francesco Perono Cacciafoco, research fellow at the Nanyang Technological University, from its school of humanities and social sciences, told The Straits Times on Thursday (Dec 31) that the correct pronunciation of “Eunoia” is “eh-yu-no-ya”, with the stress on the first syllable.
Is Eunoia a real word?
Eunoia is the shortest English word containing all five main vowel graphemes. It comes from the Greek word εὔνοια, meaning “well mind” or “beautiful thinking.” It is also a rarely used medical term referring to a state of normal mental health.
What is the longest word in the world?
The word is 189,819 letters long. It’s actually the name of a giant protein called Titin. Proteins are usually named by mashing-up the names of the chemicals making them. And since Titin is the largest protein ever discovered, its name had to be equally as large.
Which word takes 3 hours to say?
ISOLEUCINE. Note the ellipses. All told, the full chemical name for the human protein titin is 189,819 letters, and takes about three-and-a-half hours to pronounce.
What is the full name of titin?
What is Kakorrhaphiophobia?
: abnormal fear of failure.
What does Eellogofusciouhipoppokunurious mean?
very good / very fine
What does Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis mean?
What is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis? noun | A lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silicate or quartz dust, causing inflammation in the lungs.
How does Nike pronounce Nike?
The company was named after the ancient Greek goddess of victory, Nike, which is pronounced ni-key, reports Business Insider. So, there you have it. You can ditch the stress of how to properly pronounce Nike. And the next time you need to say it out loud, “Just Do It.”
How do you pronounce Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
Hi-poh-po-toh-mon-stroh-ses-kwee-peh-dah-leejoh-foh-beeja. Practice the pronunciation until you can say the word without hesitations.
Is it pronounced FRAP or frappe?
1 Answer. Frappé is pronounced fruh-pay, if it’s a frozen, fruity, sherbet-like thing, or a liqueur poured over shaved ice. If it’s a milkshake thing, it’s frappe (note the absence of the accent mark).
How do you spell gnocchi?
The word gnocchi in Italian likely comes from the term nocca, meaning “knuckle.” Gnocchi is named for its shape, and it is traditionally made by rolling a piece of dough against a textured wood board.
How do you pronounce Floccinaucinihilipilification?
- PRONUNCIATION: (FLOK-si-NO-si-NY-HIL-i-PIL-i-fi-KAY-shuhn)
- MEANING: noun: Estimating as worthless.
- ETYMOLOGY: …
- NOTES: …
- USAGE: …
- A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
What are the 5 longest words?
10 Longest Words in the English Language
- Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 letters) …
- Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia (36 letters) …
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (34 letters) …
- Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (30 letters) …
- Floccinaucinihilipilification (29 letters) …
- Antidisestablishmentarianism (28 letters)
What does Floccinaucinihilipilification mean?
As per the Oxford dictionaries, ‘floccinaucinihilipilification‘ means “the action or habit of estimating something as worthless”. It is based on four Latin terms that mean “at little value” — flocci, nauci, nihili and pili. The pronunciation of ‘floccinaucinihilipilification‘ can be a task.
Is Floccinaucinihilipilification a real word?
The longest non-technical word in major dictionaries is floccinaucinihilipilification at 29 letters. Consisting of a series of Latin words meaning “nothing” and defined as “the act of estimating something as worthless”; its usage has been recorded as far back as 1741.
What is the meaning of Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is one of the longest words in the dictionary — and, in an ironic twist, is the name for a fear of long words. Sesquipedalophobia is another term for the phobia. The American Psychiatric Association doesn’t officially recognize this phobia.
What does Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious mean?
The word was popularised in the 1964 film Mary Poppins, in which it is used as the title of a song and defined as “something to say when you have nothing to say”. … The Oxford English Dictionary defines the word as “a nonsense word, originally used esp.
What is the longest word for beautiful?
Pulchritudinous | Definition of Pulchritudinous at Dictionary.com.
What is a Ninnyhammer?
noun. a fool or simpleton; ninny.
What is the longest word in Mary Poppins?
How many syllables are in supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?
Who invented supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?
Robert B Sherman
Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious a word?
The word supercalifragilisticexpialidocious in Mary Poppins is said to be simply a word used as “something to say when you have nothing to say,” but the mouthful of nonsensical syllables certainly has brought cheer to audiences for decades. … It was a big beautiful bubble, … a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious bubble.
Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious the longest word ever?
If you watched Mary Poppins as a child, you might quickly think of supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (thirty-four letters). Mary Poppins described it as the word to use “when you have nothing to say.” It appears in some (but not all) dictionaries. … This earns the word a Guinness World Record.